We have all seen those DIY closets on Pinterest saying how easy it is, right? Well I am happy to say that it kinda was, once you figure out what you want. So we moved in our ‘new’ house and the first rooms we worked on was the girls’. They had been sleeping in our room and that got old real fast. We started out using the closet that was in there but quickly discovered that it just wasn’t going to cut it. Sorry, old, 100 pound, metal pipe used as a hanging rod, you had to go. L. is always so busy at work that I decided that if I wanted it done soonish, I was going to have to do it myself. I was going to build all the shelves but we lucked out and found the perfect shelf that was $50 at the recycle center that we decided would be waaay easier.
|I made four hanging compartments. One for dresses, one for skirts and two for their shirts. Also there is enough space under the shirts for when they get bigger. (don’t mind my knobless dresser, it was getting a makeover too)|
|Put some hooks in for necklaces that are too long or bulky for their jewelry boxes.|
|The supports under the MDF are 2 1/2 inches and I got 3 from the $.99 rack at the Home Depot. The shelves aren’t caulked yet, I put a lamp in there for light, but am going to change it out for something smaller and I will need access to it.|
I promised that I would do a DIY on making a faux flower arrangement awhile ago and I can’t believe it took me this long since its SOOOO easy! I was looking in on of those amazing high end mags and saw a pretty peony arrangment and wanted it so bad but at $69+ it wasn’t going to happen! I knew I could make one for alot cheaper so off to the store I went. I made these 3 for under $30, booyah!! I got the Quick Water and silks from Michales. Micahaels has the best selection of faux flowers that look so real and they have any flower your little heart desires! I will let the pictures do the talking!
|I would suggest figuring out your arrangement first, get it perfect. The Quick Water comes with two parts, A & B|
|Slowly pour in part A and then part B|
|Slowly stir so you don’t get bubbles. Stir until it looks clear and the streaks/cloudiness are/ is gone.|
|Pour “water” into vases, try to pour straight down and don’t get it on the sides, if you do, wipe it with your paper towel.I filled 3 different sized vases.|
|Carefully arrange your flowers, try not to let the stems touch the sides.|
|Put them in a safe spot and let them dry, and you are done!! I let mine dry for 24 hours.|
|Wasn’t that EASY?! And they last a heck of a lot longer than real ones! (I may have gone overboard with how many I made, but I ended up using them as gifts, which was perfect!)|
What do you think?
I am finally posting my pictures of my DIY pallet fireplace! December has just gone by way to fast, what gives?! (lots of photos, sorry!)
|The hardest part of the job was breaking the pallet apart and we just used a sawzall with a pretty tough blade to cut the individual boards off the pallet.|
|We hammered boards to hold it together in the back and obviously didn’t bother sanding it. I made sure it was level up and down and across.I had 2 Ikea lack shelves just sitting in the garage, this is what they look like:
I also used a big box for the opening, made sure it was big enough to fit and spray painted it black.
And thats it! I know its not very hard core or labor intensive but thats ok since I am not going to be using it all year. People seem to think its cute, and it sure added that missing something right next to my Christmas tree!
Hello and Happy Spring! It finally feels like spring here in Utah and I am both happily enjoying it and fearing it! We don’t have an AC in our house(!) and its already promising to be a HOT one. Anyhoo, I did this little chandelier, if you can call it that, because I want to re-do some things in my girls’ room this summer and this seemed like a good place to start. I found my inspiration fromthis lovely ladys’ blog. Mine isn’t as fancy or big as hers but my girls seem to love it!
I started out with a basket I got a yard sale for $1.00
This is what the fixture looked like in my girls’ room. I took off the bubble, spray painted everything inside it……
this is how it turned out!